Emission Reduction Technology
Our unique products are designed to work seamlessly with new and existing wood furnaces and kilns, providing significant benefits to owners and their communities:
- Effortlessly manages start-up emissions, easing strained relationships with neighboring residents and businesses
- Economical, enabling consumers to retrofit existing devices that may otherwise be rendered unusable through federal, state, and local restrictions
- Drastically reduces particulates and harmful gases — such as carbon monoxide — providing a cleaner, healthier environment
ClearStak is proud to introduce three patent pending products for the
reduction of visible emissions from biomass combustion.
The Pollution Control Device (PCD) uses an intelligent catalytic approach that preheats the catalyst to reduce smoke and harmful gases especially during start-up and reload.
The Intelligent Bio-Fuel Controller (IBC) manages the PCD to control the catalyst pre-heater and oxygen.
The Gasification Emissions Controller (GEC) is specifically designed to manage the PCD on heaters that utilize gasification technology.
ClearStak products provide significant advantages including:
- Low-cost alternative to furnace or kiln replacement
- Improved environmental quality
- Improved relations with neighbors
- Economical solution to federal, state, and/or local ordinances regarding biomass visible emission output
The ClearStak Product Difference:
- Pre-heats the catalyst to accelerate the reduction of emissions
- Utilizes an Intelligent Controller that manages combustion performance
- Several configurations that provide installation flexibility
- Upgrade path from the most basic configuration to our most advanced solution
- Customize packages for manufacturers
Intelligent Biomass Control Technology
Our unique products are designed to integrate into solid biomass appliances providing advanced combustion and emissions management to appliance manufacturers:
- Support for two Bosch® Lambda and three ETAS Oxygen sensor technologies
- Support for Emerson® frequency drives to modulate fuel* and air
- Management of pollution control devices such as catalysts
- Serial Data sharing, low voltage, high voltage, digital and analog inputs and outputs
- Multiple RS-485 communication ports
- Available in an integrated off-the-shelf or custom made controller
ClearStak, LLC is a leader in control technologies for biomass burning appliances. ClearStak releases new control technology every quarter and our controllers can be customized to your application. ClearStak utilizes through-hole technology and surface mount technology. Current controllers support high voltage and low voltage inputs and outputs. Our latest controller is built from 259 surface mount components including 15 digital and analog inputs and 21 digital and analog outputs. ClearStak controllers support the following:
- Multiple Oxygen Sensors
- Bosch ETAS Smart Cables
- Serial RS232 interface
- Digital RS485 interface
- Three-phase Blowers and Motors
- Single-phase Blowers and Motors
- Pollution Control Technology
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Bluetooth wireless communication
- Several HMI formats
Emissions Consulting Services
ClearStak can provide staff to augment your on-site personnel during emissions testing at your facility or an EPA qualified testing facility. Testing often runs 24x7 and having knowledgeable staff to assist in R&D runs can help you get the best performance from your appliance. We can make changes to our controller microcode to ensure your appliance is tuned to get the lowest emissions possible.
Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
ClearStak, LLC has been awarded a certificate of partnership by the EPA Combined Heat and Power Partnership, ccnfirming ClearStak's commitment to provide efficient CHP technologies.
The CHP Partnership is a voluntary program seeking to reduce the environmental impact of power generation by promoting the use of CHP. The Partnership works closely with energy users, the CHP industry, state and local governments, and other clean energy stakeholders to facilitate the development of new projects and to promote their environmental and economic benefits.1 By partnering with the EPA, ClearStak will be better able to promote its biomass control technologies through services and benefits associated with being a partner.
The Biochar market continues to expand and ClearStak technology is a good fit for kilns
needing better combustion management and lower emissions. Call us for more details.
Click here for more information